How to recruit and manage participants in surveys and multi-part surveys 🔗
- How to reimburse participants for their time
- How to screen for your survey/study
How to end a study early and prevent participants from changing previous answers: use the
*quitkeyword and hide the "Run menu"
- How to avoid biased responses due to screening survey inclusion/exclusion criteria: if possible, don't spell out the criteria
- How to progress from a screening/initial to a full/follow-up survey
- Why and how to run multiple separate studies
- If you are collecting participants' email addresses: seek consent first!
- How to pay participants different amounts depending on whether they participate in the screening survey only, or the full survey
- How to reduce dropout in studies that collect data from each participant at multiple times: seek well-informed consent and commitment to the study, prior to enrolment and randomization
- How to send multiple follow-up emails at prespecified timepoints
- How to share results with participants via email
- How to format URLs when sharing them in emails: if you're using query string parameters, use hyperlinks rather than displaying the URL directly
Next: How to reimburse participants for their time